Monday, 6 December 2010

Hubby's Birthday

Afternoon all - Me again!!
Just thought I'd pop by and show you the card I made for hubby's birthday - today.
Happy Birthday John x
I have had this Dustin Pike image for a while and it just seemed appropriate for this card - not that I'm saying hubby is a monkey - although he does have a very hairy back (ooh perhaps I shouldn't mention that). I wasn't going to make him a card as we have adopted my Grandads idea that it is far better to write happy birthday on a bar of chocolate than spend loads of money on a card, as you can eat the choc but just look at the card. But hey, what sort of blogger would I be to miss out on the opportunity of a challenge or two, so I made a card as well as get the chocolate.
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges;
Simon Says - sketch
CRAFT - Christmas birthday
Stamp Something - Christmas colour combo
Allsorts - light up the sky - must include candle
Our Creative Corner - colour combo
and
Thanks for looking and enjoy your day.
Sharon xx


14 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,congrats on your hubby,and both cards are great
    Have a nice day
    Hugs heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas Birthday project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fab card Sharon!! Thanks for joining in our Christmas Birthday challenge this week at C.R.A.F.T! Gemma :)
    P.s. Check out my yummy blog candy here, closes 12/12!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish John a happy birthday from me! Love the card and the humour! Was it a pair of socks from you all for his present! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I bet your hubby loved it as well as the chocolate. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge this week. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hon
    So, chocolate, yum!!
    Great card.
    Hugs
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card - definitely made me grin! Great job at working in the OCC colors into a guy's card. So happy to have you joining in the fun with us at Our Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card :-) the image is very cute and the papers and colours are fab,, love the embossing :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks a brill card,thankyou for joining our challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute card. thank you so much for entering the Allsorts lightchallenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card, thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFT this week for our Christmas Birthday Challenge! Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fab & fun card, I like the choc idea, but it's lovely to receive a handmade card ~ so personal
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Monkey! it would look good on my blog!

    ReplyDelete